RAINBOW FM 90.7 is a combination of music, news, sports, weather, teachings and topic driven features.
Rainbow FM 90.7 is a Christian based Community Radio Station , and has been in existence for over 23 years and in possession of a broadcast licence issued by ICASA. Rainbow FM 90.7 reflects the lives of the predominately, township and urban listeners living in the South and West of Johannesburg. We are a community friendly radio station caters for all tastes and age groups.
FM 90.7 is a sustainable Community Radio station that serves the community and clients through excellence in broadcasting. As a channel of information, education and entertainment we celebrate the joyful message of reconciliation, healing and hope through Jesus Christ. Our approach emphasises compelling values for all our listeners that will be inspired by highly motivated, diverse, skilled and talented individuals and teams. We are dedicated to serving all our listeners in the West Rand, by being the voice for and on behalf of the community. We are a dedicated conduit for local Government and agencies, to inform and educate our listeners to all information that needs to be channelled to the broader public. Our mission includes making sure that our listeners are the beneficiaries be it in our home building programs or educational endeavours.
Through broadcasting we will be a welcome visitor in every conversation that will put the name of Jesus Christ on every one’s lips and ears by serving and developing the community through partnership programs.
In being Christ like our Values are to display:
- Excellence in Worship
Rainbow FM 90.7 reflects the lives of the predominantly township, urban listers, between the ages of 25 – 45 living in the West and South of Johannesburg. The Station broadcast both music and talk, and this is what makes it unique from other community radio stations around. Rainbow FM 90.7 broadcasts in English on the FM frequency signal 90.7, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The current listenership stands at 85 000 to 95 000 per quarter. The music format offers a diverse mix of adult contemporary gospel music to smoother sounds like R’nB Soul and Gospel Jazz
Frame of Reference
- Quality Programmes
- Building Communities one person at the time
- Harness hope in a hopeless situation
- Soothing, inspirational Music
The Brand Tone & Manner
- Strict attention is paid to program and presenter content in order to ensure that the tone of programming is smut and innuendo free, ensuring that listeners are not subject to questionable input, unsuitable for any member of the family.
- Our programmes include various features from daily news headlines, weather financial reports, competitions, and more.
Play List Gospel Genres
- Praise & Worship
- Contemporary Gospel
- R & B Gospel
- Gospel Jazz
- Gospel House
- Traditional (Clap & Tap)
- Inspirational – Music, Teachings, Features
- Information – news, weather, sport, financial and traffic reports
- Community – Prayers, Counselling, Social Responsibility, Events
- Advertising Platform
- Over 85 000 listeners and counting
- Over 5000 Audio Streaming and counting
- Over 16 900 Facebook followers & likes and counting
- Over 1 600 Instagram followers
- Over 4 900 Twitter followers and counting
- Over 59 000 website attraction and counting
- Prayer Marathon & Rallies
- All for the Love of Jesus Concert
- Club Joy
- Rhythm of Life
- Building Projects
- Community Forum
Core Age Group: 25-45yrs
Language: English, Afrikaans, Zulu and Sotho
Living Standard Measures (LSM): 90%: LSM 5-7; 8%: LSM 6-8 2%: LSM 9-10
Studio Offices: 5 Goldman Street, Florida, Roodeport, 1709
- Coverage radius 37Km – West Rand, Soweto, Johannesburg and Central Joburg
- Live Streaming: National and International audiences